1.6

I was referred to Sudbrink Oral Surgery by my dentist for the extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth and the extraction of a molar that had broken and decayed. I met with the specialists at Sudbrink Oral Surgery for a consultation. They took x-rays, went over my medical history, determined what needed to be done, and scheduled an appointment for the extractions.

I arrived for my appointment. The nurse hooked me up to the cardiac monitor and began going over my medical history a second time since my initial consultation. My medical information had not changed. I am a type 1 diabetic taking insulin and no other medicines; I have no allergies, and had followed all instructions given to me for the preparation of the dental procedure.

The nurse stepped out to talk to the doctor and said she would be back shortly and we would begin the operation. Minutes later Dr. Sudbrink came in and told me he would not be preforming the procedure. I was perplexed and asked what the problem was. I was told that he was not comfortable giving general anesthesia to a diabetic. I responded by reiterating that I was in intense pain from the dental issues I came to resolve and that I really needed help. I also reminded him that I had disclosed in my medical history that I had been given general anesthesia before for another operation I had in the hospital with no issues. He ignored what I was trying to discuss with him, interrupted me, and flatly said that he “will not be treating a diabetic.” I reminded him that his office knew at the time of my consultation that I was a diabetic and asked why I was given this appointment if this was going to be a problem. He completely ignored me and simply said again, “I won’t be treating you.”

This has been a horrible experience for me. These dental issues are very painful and require medical attention. I cannot understand why the fact that I have diabetes would keep a competent physician from giving me the medical attention I need. I was not even given an explanation for the refusal.

This is “Willful Neglect”. For a physician to knowingly turn away a patient in need is unethical and inhumane.

“The physician's primary commitment must always be to the patient's welfare and best interests, whether in preventing or treating illness or helping patients to cope with illness, disability, and death. The physician must respect the dignity of all persons and respect their uniqueness. The interests of the patient should always be promoted.” (American College of Physicians Ethics Manual - Sixth Edition)

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of sudbrink oral surgery tooth extraction from Sudbrink Oral Surgery. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sudbrink Oral Surgery to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was way i was treated, condescending way i was spoken to, that the dentist berated me and humiliated me and judged me and that i was refused service because i have a disability. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sudbrink Oral Surgery for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Sudbrink Oral Surgery?

Comments

what an *** this guy is !

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States #1190092