1.4
Additional Fees

I had an abcessed tooth that needed pulled. I suffered with the pain for a month until my appointment yesterday to have it removed by Dr.

Vakkas. When I woke up and the tooth was gone, even with the local anesthetic, my jaw on that side and head were throbbing. They didn't prescribe anything at all for pain. I thought it was strange, but there was nothing I could do about it so I went home & hoped for the best.

Later that day, I called and spoke with the after-hours Dr. The local anesthetic completely wore off, and the pain was so much worse I was actually crying. They told me it's normal to feel "some level of discomfort" even though I was way beyond simple "discomfort". I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed about 5 years ago with a different oral surgeon (no longer practicing, or I would have just gone back to him).

I was awake through the whole procedure AND 5 months pregnant at the time! I experienced pain then, but this is way worse pain than I had back then! I'm using compresses, extra stregth Tylenol, the gel they gave me to "soothe" the area, but nothing helps! I called them again this morning and tried telling them this amount of pain doesn't seem normal to me.

The nurse basically fed me the same line of *** that "some discomfort is normal, everyone responds to the pain differently", etc. They are acting cold and indifferent with me, and not taking taking my pain seriously. I'm not naive...I know there are people out there abusing drugs, but why do people who are in legitimate pain have to suffer? I know that the level of pain I am experiencing isn't normal for a single tooth extraction.

Something just doesn't seem right about this, but they are still brushing me off no matter how concerned I am about this. If you have an appointment with them coming up, you might want to reconsider & find another oral surgery practice!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sudbrink Oral Surgery Tooth Extraction.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 26, 2017.

Comments